This page lists all the major events around the Materialising Memories project, including events we have organised and those that have taken place in our lab.
- (Biweekly) Group meetings, called Réunion de Recherche (RR), to which everyone is welcome. Let us know if you would like to receive announcements for this.
- (2017-06-06) Candidature Assessment Stage 3 presentation by Annemarie Zijlema
- (2017-01-03/06) Paper and poster presentation by Annemarie Zijlema at SARMAC XII 2017.
- (2016-12-23) Xenia Zürn completed her research semester with us.
- (2016-11-30 till 2016-12-02) Presentations by Daniel Orth, Annemarie Zijlema, and Mendel Broekhuijsen at OzCHI 2016 (Tasmania)
- (2016-11-29) Workshop at OzCHI 2016: Tangible Interaction & Cognition
- (2016-11-08) Start of two-week visit and talk by prof. Kristin Beeler of Long Beach City College.
- (2016-10-23) Workshop at NordiCHI 2016: HCI and Sensitive Life Experiences.
- (2016-10-11) Start of two-month visit and talk by Geke Ludden of UT Twente.
- (2016-10-04) Talk by prof.dr. Ben Schouten of TU/e Industrial Design.
- (2016 September) Xenia and Ashlyn started their projects with MM.
- (2016 September) Doménique attended and presented at ECCE’16.
- (2016 May-July) Daniel Herron once more visited Sydney as part of his joint degree.
- (2016 June) Several MM members attended and presented at DIS’16.
- (2016-05-31) Laura and Daniel Orth passed their yearly UTS Doctoral Assessments.
- (2016-05-27) Gail Kenning invited to participate in a Memory and Making panel discussion at the UTS Art Gallery.
- (2016 May) Most of us in Sydney have moved over to FEIT in UTS’ building 11.
- (2016 February) Some of us attended, presenting at, and prepared for the conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction (TEI’16).
- (2016 January) Elise commences her new position as Professor in the School of Software at UTS, in the Faculty of Engineering and IT.
- (2015 December) Laura, Joe, Ine, Mendel, Daniel and Elise participated in the OzCHI’15 conference in Melbourne, including several workshop papers, two Doctoral Consortium papers, one full paper, and participation in a panel session.
- (2015 Nov/Dec) Five Materialising Memories PhD students did their yearly UTS Doctoral Assessments.
- (2015 November) Joe presented at the IASDR’15 conference, in Brisbane, Australia.
- (2015 September) Elise gave a keynote at the CHI New Zealand conference, in Hamilton, New Zealand.
- (2015 August) Our Visiting Fellow, Xiaomei He, started this month in Sydney.
- (2015-06-30) Guest talk by Annika Hinze of University of Waikato, NZ.
- (2015 May) Wendy will visit Industrial Design, TU/e.
- (2015 May) Gail will visit Industrial Design, TU/e.
- (2015 April) Doménique and Panos were in Seoul, Korea for CHI 2015, where Doménique presented a full paper and both participated in a workshop.
- (2015 April) Elise gave a keynote at the first CHIuXiD conference, in Bandung, Indonesia.
- (2015 March-2016 March) Joe Tsai PhD moved to Australia to spend his one-year Postdoctoral Fellowship (and a DAB Visiting Fellow) in the Materialising Memories programme.
- (2015 March-June) Jan Zekveld from Eindhoven University begins his three-month visit at UTS to work on his final MSc project within the MM programme. He kicked off the first research meeting by giving a presentation on his graduation project.
- (2015 February-March) Daniel Herron from Dundee University visits UTS as part of his joint degree programme.
- (2015-02-23) Two new students started this day, Laura Ramos (PhD) and Daniel Orth (MRes). Both will pursue their degree at UTS.
- (2015 January-March) Annemarie, Doménique, and Gail Kenning spent time in Eindhoven to collaborate.
- (2015 January) Doménique, Elise, and Panos got their first paper written together accepted into the CHI 2015 conference.
- (2014 November) Three new programme members are welcomed to Materialising Memories: Dr Gail Kenning, Dr Wendy Moncur and Daniel Herron BSc.
- (2014-11-10) Daniel Herron BSc. started his PhD as part of the Materialising Memories programme, supervised by Dr Wendy Moncur & Elise van den Hoven. He is based primarily in Dundee’s DJCAD.
- (2014-09-26) Mini-symposium with Doctoral Assessments for all four PhD candidates, followed by a talk by Dr Corina Sas (Lancaster University, UK). More info on the September events can be found on a special page.
- (2014 September-October) Talk by Dr Wendy Moncur (Dundee University, UK) visited the Materialising Memories lab (UTS) and gave a public talk (2014-09-16).
- (2014 August-September) Talk by David Blezinger, MSc visited the Materialising Memories lab (UTS) and gave a public talk (2014-09-09).
- (2014-August-September) Prof.dr.ir. Berry Eggen (TU/e, Industrial Design) visited the Materialising Memories lab (UTS) and gave a public talk (2014-09-02).
- (2014 July) First PhD paper accepted for a conference: Ine Mols will go to NordiCHI’14.
- (2014-03-27) Transporter Talks #3 – Social events for local researchers in HCI and Design.
- (2014 February) The Materialising Memories research programme gets a new home at UTS: the Materialising Memories lab.
- (2014 January) Connie Golsteijn, PhD student at the University of Surrey, UK, visited UTS as part of her thesis preparation.
- (2013-12-03) Key Technology Partnership and joint-PhD contracts were signed by representatives of UTS and TU/e.
- (2013 November) Adjunct professor at UTS and ID Eindhoven full prof. Berry Eggen visited UTS.
- (2013 November) Professor dr, David Frohlich of Digital World Research Centre, University of Surrey, UK, visited UTS.
- (2013 October-November) Visits to Sydney by two Dutch-based PhD students on this project to strengthen collaborations.
- (2013-08-01) PhD students Annemarie Zijlema MSc. and Ine Mols MSc. also walked into an office. No word on whether the offices were ok with that.
- (2013-07-02) Official kick-off of the project with representatives of both UTS and TU/e present in Eindhoven.
- (2013-06-03) PhD students Mendel Broekhuijsen MSc. and Doménique van Gennip MSc. show up in an office.
- (2012 December) The hunt for the first four PhD candidates begins.
- (2012-11-12) VIDI project started.
- (2012-06-08) STW VIDI grant of the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) was awarded to Elise van den Hoven.